Founded in 1907, Ennis Golf Club is a private members club with a beautiful 18-hole parkland course, situated close to the centre of town. The Club operates a restaurant, bar facility and golf shop (franchised) from its spacious clubhouse overlooking the golf course.
With over 900 members, we are now seeking to engage a
The successful candidate will have a high level of drive and commitment to manage the Club’s affairs and lead its development into the future. Reporting to the chair of the Committee of Management, the main responsibilities include:
- Managing all activities of the Club including the course, clubhouse and catering operations.
- Delivering first class hospitality and customer care to our members and guests.
- Managing important communication channels between the Club and its members including the Club management system, website, social media and email bulletins.
- Ensuring compliance with the Club’s policies and standard operating procedures and with all statutory obligations.
- Providing executive support to the officers and committees of the Club.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Good customer care skills and a proven track record of effectively managing a small team, preferably in club management or the hospitality sector.
- Strong leadership, communications and people skills along with the motivation and drive needed to develop our club and its services for the 21st century.
- The ability to successfully manage the business elements of the club with active control of income and expenditure particularly for the bar, restaurant and course activities.
- Sound administrative, financial and operational skills, including experience in the use of an accounting software package, such as Sage.
- Good IT and marketing skills including the effective use of social media.
- A good understanding of the organisation of golf. Experience in course maintenance will be an advantage.
- A nationally accepted business, administrative or financial qualification will be an advantage, relevant alternative professional qualifications will also be considered.
- The post holder is required to hold a valid driving licence and have reliable transport available for occasional business use.
Application / Closing Date:
Interested candidates should apply by emailing an up-to-date CV and cover letter to our Human Resource Consultant Maria Gilsenan email@example.com to be received on/before September 30th.
A full job description is available by request and interested candidates may also contact Maria for a confidential discussion.
Ennis Golf Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer