JOB TITLE: Sports Administrator
REPORTING TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Dublin 4
CONTRACT TYPE: Full Time
Elm Park Golf & Sports Club was founded in 1925 and offers world class facilities for golf and tennis, with an 18 hole course and 14 tennis courts. The vibrant membership of Elm Park also includes numerous clubs and societies covering activities from bridge to art, poetry and history and archives. The clubhouse and recently refurbished sports area provide a comfortable and welcoming space to unwind, enjoy fine or casual dining, or just relax in the bar and enjoy the beautiful views.
As part of our strategic priorities, Elm Park is currently seeking to employ a highly professional, detail-oriented, reliable, friendly Sports Administrator to join our growing team. You will be expected to deliver a high-quality experience to our members and visitors in a friendly yet professional manner at all times.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Front of House:
- Meet and greet members, visitors and Society members to the Club and attend to their requirements as needed.
- Deal with all general membership enquiries, including BRS issues, competition information and Tee time bookings.
- Set up and administer all golf related activities on time booking sheet to include casual golf, matches, practice rounds and competitions, all Tennis Court bookings/competitions and event planning.
- Keep members informed in relation to any course opening delays, course closures or course maintenance days.
- Ensure play times are adhered to.
- Ensure members are informed of starting holes each day.
- Ensure reception desk is manned at all times.
- Assist the Pro Shop to ensure accurate and timely fee charges during the day and after 7.00 pm when the shop is closed.
- Work with the Golf Professional, his staff and Operations Manager and Head Chef to organise all groups/outings that are being hosted by the Club and prepare staff and facility for these events.
- Ensure relevant signage is displayed at all times.
- Print and place tee signs where required for both in house competitions and visiting societies.
- Inform members of match play draws.
- Manage team practice schedule for the driving range.
- Ensure that golf balls are collected on a daily basis between driving range operational hours
- Order embroidered flags for Annual Captains Day ensuring appropriate wording is included.
- Order score cards for Captains’ Day ensuring appropriate wording is included
- Ensure trolley dispenser is stocked with tokens at all times.
- Empty tennis meters every 2 weeks in the wintertime and monthly during summertime.
- Organise inter club competitions for the Artisans.
Coordination and Administration of Golf Competitions:
- Opening and closing of all competitions including card checking and posting of results.
- Administration of the BRS Booking System to ensure a seamless process for members.
- Managing all aspects of the Handicap Master System.
- Ensuring all administrative requirements are in place in advance of all competitions.
- Ensure all administrative tasks are completed when the players have completed their round and before the competition is closed on Handicap Master.
- Opening and closing of premises as required.
- Ensure adequate supply of driving range digi cards are available at all times.
- Administer the allocation of the bag room carousel and caddy storage spaces.
- Administer and track the allocation of lockers.
- Responsible for ordering replacement locker keys and lock barrels in changing rooms.
- Any new projects as assigned by management
Maintenance Contract Administration:
- Ensure defibrillator is serviced on an annual basis.
- Ensure fire suppression system and fire extinguishers are serviced on an annual basis.
- Ensure buggies are maintained and serviced as required.
Health & Safety:
- Report any incidents in respect of members and/or guests and any faults in respect of the building, car park, golf course and tennis courts to the General Manager.
- Ensure all incidents/accidents are recorded in the Incident Report Book.
- Ensure First Aid boxes are full stocked, and the defibrillator is in situ and visible at all times.
- Minimum 5 years administration experience.
- Strong working knowledge of golf and tennis.
- Experience of BRS and Handicap Master.
- Experience working with tennis booking systems
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload as the need arises.
- Open and warm with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organised, with excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Have current permission to work in the State
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the Club at any time after discussion with the post holder.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to Noeleen Donnelly, HR Manager at email@example.com
Elm Park is an equal opportunities employer.